Catholic Mass Media Awards 2013: A Shock of The Life of A Mere Storyteller




I will not be reporting to the office on Friday, November 15, 2013. I have an appointment - the 35th Catholic Mass Media Awards, not as spectator but as a nominee for Best Short Story.

Yes, it was one of my life's biggest surprises, and I remained shocked that it took me almost four days before I can even blog about it.

I still clearly remember everything. It was on a rainy day of May 2013 when I brought 16 DVDs and 5 one half illustration boards from Sta. Cruz, Laguna to the iconic F. Dominga Building in Makati. I had no umbrella, and I forgot the direction to my destination. 

Naturally, since I value life over material matters, I protected the entries regardless of whether I get wet or not. I was like a hapless, valiant knight struggling to fulfill the marching orders of my dreams.


Now, here it is. I am one step closer to receiving one of the country's biggest and most prestigious awards. Though I am still guilty of doubting whether it will happen (I still have confidence issues after all that I have been through in Campus Journalism for 20 years), I pray to God that His will always be done. 

It's still 18 days to go, but I am so excited to be in an auditorium with 600 of the brightest writers, broadcasters and actors. 

Yes, I have an appointment on November 15, and I will not be reporting to the office on that day, because I will find out what destiny has in store for me.

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post