My Greatest Lesson in Journalism

THE FIRST MEDAL I received in Campus Journalism
    November 7, 2001 was a day of tragedy for Philippine Showbiz because this was the time when Nida Blanca was found dead inside her car at the parking lot of MOWELFUND. But it was the day when an unexpected dream came to life.

    On this day, Year of the Water Horse, nearly 12 years ago, I joined the Division Journalism Quiz Bee being held then at Los Banos National High School out of mere intent to represent our school. 

     Just like when I join other competitions today, I was enveloped with doubts... doubts... doubts- and more doubts. Even though I made it to the Top 10 finalists,  there lies that one great block to my unimaginable success. A multi-awarded senior journalist from San Pedro who was rooting for his 4th and grand slam victory in the said category.

     But the unexpected happened. 

  In a sudden turn of events, the hesitant David became the reluctant new champion.

    I may have not maintained the victory the following year, this victory taught me my greatest lesson in Journalism.

   Who hails himself last shall end first, and whoever declares himself first shall be last.     

    A lesson that I shall continue to carry and teach my students as long as I am a Campus Journalist.

      Forever.

      

        


Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post