Complaining about mental block? Try listening to this song

rossszabo.com
Articulating words into paper brings innate satisfaction to a writer- if we are talking about writing as a hobby.

However, if writing is your bread and butter, there are times when you find yourself staring at your laptop for hours without a single letter in your word file.

There are even times when you keep on typing and typing, but it seems that the article never ends.

What do you do in this circumstance? Find some inspiration, of course.

No, I do not mean googling the photo of your favorite actor or stalking the picture of your crush on Facebook. That will actually cause you more delay.

One time, I was writing a speech for a very prominent politician. With same circumstances, I normally finish in 20 to 40 minutes. However, that day was rather slow. It’s already two hours, but the speech has not yet been finished.

I looked upon Youtube for “SONGS THAT WILL INSPIRE WRITERS” and a bunch of meditation and piano music appeared before me. I didn’t bother opening them because they will just make me snore.

I cannot recall what happened, until I already found myself watching a video of a controversial global phenomenon. The video was filled with pop art and bizarre images that exhibit high artistry and insanity.

Suddenly, I found myself invigorated.

I finished the speech in 10 minutes.

Everytime I listen to the song, I get to finish writing and editing in a flash.

I was never a fan, but Lady Gaga’s song “Applause” gave me the kicks to finish whatever needs to be done.

I listen to it everyday and I do not get any back log since.

Well, that’s the magic of music. It makes you whatever you want to be, even when you are not.

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post